Uncertain risks regulated
- Milton Park, Abingdon, Oxon ; New York, NY : Routledge-Cavendish, 2012.
- Copyright notice
- Physical description
- xix, 430 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm.
- Law, science and society.
KJE6778 .U53 2012
- Unknown KJE6778 .U53 2012
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- The scientification of politics and the politicisation of science / Michelle Everson and Ellen Vos
- Opening Pandora's box : contextualising the precautionary principle in the European Union / Elisabeth Fisher
- Uncertainties in regulating food safety in France / Olivier Borraz and Julien Besançon
- The origins of regulatory uncertainty in the UK food safety regime / Henry Rothstein
- The Dutch regulatory framework for food : risk analysis based food law in the Netherlands / Bernd M.J. van der Meulen
- Food safety in Poland : standards, procedures and institutions / Aleksander Surdej and Karolina Żurek
- A default-logic model of factfinding for United States regulation of food safety / Vern Walker
- The French regulatory system on GMOs / Christine Noiville
- The UK regulatory system on GMOs : expanding the debate? / Maria Lee
- GMO regulation in the Netherlands : a story of hope, fear and the limits of "poldering" / Han Somsen
- The Polish regulatory system on GMOs : between EU influence and national nuances / Patrycja Dabrowska
- The regulation of environmental risks of GMOs in the United States / Michael Rodemeyer
- The EU regulatory system on food safety : between trust and safety / Ellen Vos
- The EU regulatory system for GMOs / Greg Shaffer and Mark Pollack
- European regulation of GMOs : thinking about 'judicial' review in the WTO / Joanne Scott
- The Codex Alimentarius Commission and its food safety measures in the light of their new status / Marille Matthee
- Three intimate tales of law and science : hope, despair and transcendence / Michelle Everson
- Science, knowledge and uncertainty in EU risk regulation / Marjolein van Asselt, Ellen Vos and Bram Rooijackers
- The role of scientific experts in risk regulation of foods / Harry Kuiper
- Inclusive risk governance through discourse, deliberation and participation / Andreas Klinke
- Sound science in the European and global market : Karl Polanyi in Geneva / Christian Joerges.
- Publication date
- Copyright date
- edited by Michelle Everson and Ellen Vos.
- Law, science and society
- "A GlassHouse book."