Arabic language and linguistics
- Washington, DC : Georgetown University Press, 2012.
- Physical description
- xiv, 232 p. : ill ; 23 cm.
- Georgetown University round table on languages and linguistics series (2004)
PJ6074 .A76 2012
- Unknown PJ6074 .A76 2012
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Negation in Moroccan Arabic : scope and focus / Nizha Chatar-Moumni
- On the syntax and semantics of Arabic universal quantification / Kamel A. Elsaadany and Salwa Muhammed Shams
- Statistical and symbolic paradigms in Arabic computational linguistics / Ali Farghaly
- Raising in standard Arabic : backward, forward, and none / Youssef A. Haddad
- Construct state nominals as semantic predicates / Sarah Ouwayda
- On licensing wh-scope : wh-questions in Egyptian Arabic revisited / Usama Soltan
- The notion of "complete" and "incomplete" verbs in early Arabic grammatical theory : Kāna and its sisters / Hana Zabarah
- Women and politeness on Egyptian talk shows / Reem Bassiouney
- Bonjour, ça va? Labas ʻale-ik? French and Arabic in Casablanca / Elena Canna
- Nominalization in Arabic discourse : a genre analysis perspective / Ahmed Fakhri
- The elusiveness of Luġa Wuṣtā : or, attempting to catch its "true nature" / Gunvor Mejdell
- Mexicans speaking in Dârija (Moroccan Arabic) : media, urbanization, and language changes in Morocco / Catherine Miller
- Critical languages and critical thinking : reframing academic Arabic programs / Karin Christia Ryding
- Ideology and the standardization of Arabic / Yasir Suleiman
- The ditransitive dative divide in Arabic : grammaticality assessments and actuality / David Wilmsen.
- Publication date
- Reem Bassiouney and E. Graham Katz, editors.
- Georgetown University Round Table on Languages and Linguistics Series