Comprehensive biomaterials [electronic resource]
- Amsterdam ; Boston : Elsevier, c2011.
- Physical description
- 1 online resource (6 v.) : ill. (some col.)
- Ducheyne, Paul.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- v. 1. Metallic, ceramic, and polymeric biomaterials
- v. 2. Biologically inspired and biomolecular materials
- v. 3. Methods of analysis
- v. 4. Biocompatibility, surface engineering, and delivery of drugs, genes and other molecules
- v. 5. Tissue and organ engineering
- v. 6. Biomaterials and clinical use.
- Publisher's Summary
- Comprehensive Biomaterials brings together the myriad facets of biomaterials into one, major series of six edited volumes that would cover the field of biomaterials in a major, extensive fashion: . Volume 1: Metallic, Ceramic and Polymeric Biomaterials . Volume 2: Biologically Inspired and Biomolecular Materials . Volume 3: Methods of Analysis . Volume 4: Biocompatibility, Surface Engineering, and Delivery Of Drugs, Genes and Other Molecules . Volume 5: Tissue and Organ Engineering . Volume 6: Biomaterials and Clinical Use Experts from around the world in hundreds of related biomaterials areas have contributed to this publication, resulting in a continuum of rich information appropriate for many audiences. The work addresses the current status of nearly all biomaterials in the field, their strengths and weaknesses, their future prospects, appropriate analytical methods and testing, device applications and performance, emerging candidate materials as competitors and disruptive technologies, and strategic insights for those entering and operational in diverse biomaterials applications, research and development, regulatory management, and commercial aspects. From the outset, the goal was to review materials in the context of medical devices and tissue properties, biocompatibility and surface analysis, tissue engineering and controlled release. It was also the intent both, to focus on material properties from the perspectives of therapeutic and diagnostic use, and to address questions relevant to state-of-the-art research endeavors. * Reviews the current status of nearly all biomaterials in the field by analyzing their strengths and weaknesses, performance as well as future prospects * Presents appropriate analytical methods and testing procedures in addition to potential device applications * Provides strategic insights for those working on diverse application areas such as R&D, regulatory management, and commercial development.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Biomedical materials.
- Publication date
- editor-in-chief, Paul Ducheyne ; co-editors, Kevin E. Healy ... [et al.].
- Available in another form
- Print version: Comprehensive biomaterials. Amsterdam ; Boston : Elsevier, c2011 9780080553023 (DLC) 2011933642 (OCoLC)690086207