Lies my teacher told me : everything your American history textbook got wrong
- Loewen, James W.
- 2nd ed.
- New York : New Press, 2008.
- Physical description
- xix, 444 p. : ill., maps ; 24 cm.
- EDUC-268A-01 -- Curriculum and Instruction in History and Social Studies
- Wineburg, Samuel Sidney
- EDUC-268A-02 -- Curriculum and Instruction in History and Social Science
- McGrew, Sarah Cotcamp
Request at circulation desk
E175.85 .L64 2008
On Reserve 2-hour loan
- Unknown E175.85 .L64 2008
- Includes bibliographical references (p. -436) and index.
- Handicapped by history : the process of hero-making
- 1493 : the true importance of Christopher Columbus
- The truth about the first Thanksgiving
- Red eyes
- "Gone with the wind" : the invisibility of racism in American history textbooks
- John Brown and Abraham Lincoln : the invisibility of antiracism in American history textbooks
- The land of opportunity
- Watching big brother : what textbooks teach about the federal government
- See no evil : choosing not to look at the war in Vietnam
- Down the memory hole : the disappearance of the recent past
- Progress is our most important product
- Why is history taught like this?
- What is the result of teaching history like this?
- Reprint/reissue date
- Original date
- James W. Loewen.
- "A trade paperback of this edition was published by Touchstone ... New York, 2007"--T.p. verso.
- "Completely revised and updated"--Dust jacket cover.
- American Book Award, 1996