Comprehensive nuclear materials [electronic resource]
- Amsterdam ; Waltham, MA : Elsevier Science, 2012.
- Physical description
- 1 online resource (5 v. (3462 p.)) : ill. (chiefly col.)
- Konings, R. J. M., 1961-
- v. 1. Basic aspects of radiation effects in solids / Basic aspects of multi-scale modeling
- v. 2. Material properties / Oxid fuels for light water reactors and fast neutron reactors.
- v. 3. Advanced fuels / Fuel cladding / Nuclear fuel performance, modeling and simulation
- v. 4. Radiation effects in structural and functional materials for fission and fusion reactors
- v. 5. Material performance and corrosion / Waste materials.
- Publisher's Summary
- "Comprehensive Nuclear Materials" discusses the major classes of materials suitable for usage in nuclear fission, fusion reactors and high power accelerators, and for diverse functions in fuels, cladding, moderator and control materials, structural, functional, and waste materials. The work addresses the full panorama of contemporary international research in nuclear materials, from Actinides to Zirconium alloys, from the worlds' leading scientists and engineers. It critically reviews the major classes and functions of materials, supporting the selection, assessment, validation and engineering of materials in extreme nuclear environment. It is fully integrated with F-elements.net, a proprietary database containing useful cross-referenced property data on the lanthanides and actinides. It details contemporary developments in numerical simulation, modelling, experimentation, and computational analysis, for effective implementation in labs and plants.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- editor-in-chief, Rudy Konings.
- Available in another form
- Print version: Comprehensive Nuclear Materials. Elsevier Science, 2012 9780080560274 (OCoLC)731925465