Geothermal power plants [electronic resource] : principles, applications, case studies, and environmental impact
- DiPippo, Ronald.
- 3rd ed. - Amsterdam ; Boston : Butterworth-Heinemann, c2012.
- Physical description
- 1 online resource.
- ScienceDirect (Online service)
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- PART ONE RESOURCE IDENTIFICATION AND DEVELOPMENT
- 1. Geology of Geothermal Regions
- 2. Exploration Strategies and Techniques
- 3. Geothermal Well Drilling
- 4. Reservoir Engineering
- PART TWO GEOTHERMAL POWER GENERATING SYSTEMS
- 5. Single-Flash Steam Power Plants
- 6. Double-Flash Steam Power Plants
- 7. Dry-Steam Power Plants
- 8. Binary Cycle Power Plants
- 9. Advanced Geothermal Energy Conversion Systems
- 10. Hot Dry Rock/Enhanced Geothermal Systems/Deep Hydrothermal Systems
- 11. Exergy Analysis Applied to Geothermal Power Systems
- PART THREE GEOTHERMAL POWER PLANT CASE STUDIES
- 12. Larderello Dry-Steam Power Plants, Tuscany, Italy
- 13. The Geysers Dry-Steam Power Plants, Sonoma and Lake Counties, California, U.S.A.
- 14. Cerro Prieto Power Station, Baja California Norte, Mexico
- 15. Hatchobaru Power Station, Oita Prefecture, Kyushu, Japan
- 16. Mutnovsky Flash-Steam Power Plant, Kamchakta Peninsula, Russia
- 17. Miravalles Power Station, Guanacaste Province, Costa Rica
- 18. Heber Binary Plants, Imperial Valley, California, USA
- 19. Magmamax Binary Power Plant, East Mesa, Imperial Valley California, USA
- 20. Raft River Plants, Idaho, USA
- 21. Kizildere and Salavatli Plants, Turkey
- 22. Nesjavellir and Hellisheidi Plants, Iceland
- 23. Environmental Impact of Geothermal Power Plants.
- Now in its 3rd edition, this single resource covers all aspects of the utilization of geothermal energy for power generation using fundamental scientific and engineering principles. Its practical emphasis is enhanced by the use of case studies from real plants that increase the reader's understanding of geothermal energy conversion and provide a unique compilation of hard-to-obtain data and experience. Important new chapters cover Hot Dry Rock, Enhanced Geothermal Systems, and Deep Hydrothermal Systems. New, international case studies provide practical, hands-on knowledge. Provides coverage of all aspects of the utilization of geothermal energy for power generation from fundamental scientific and engineering principlesInternational case studies from real plants provide a unique compilation of hard-to-obtain data and experienceIncludes pivotal updates on advances in Hot Dry Rock, Enhanced Geothermal Systems, and Deep Hydrothermal Systems.
- Publication date
- Ronald DiPippo.
- Available in another form
- Print version: DiPippo, Ronald. Geothermal power plants. 3rd ed. Amsterdam ; Boston : Butterworth-Heinemann, c2012 9780080982069 (DLC) 2011052963 (OCoLC)773025116