Global solution curves for semilinear elliptic equations
- Korman, Philip.
- Hackensack, N.J. : World Scientific, c2012.
- Physical description
- xi, 241 p. : ill ; 24 cm.
QA377 .K598 2012
- Unknown QA377 .K598 2012
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 231-241).
- Continuation of Solutions in General Domain Curves of Positive Solutions on Balls-- Symmetry Breaking-- Curves with Infinitely Many Turns-- Numerical Computation of Solutions-- Solutions of Annular Domains Curves of Solutions to Hamiltonian Systems-- S-Shapes Bifurcation Curves for Two Point Problems-- Infinitely Many Solution Curves with Pitchfork Bifurcation-- Elastic Beam Equations-- Prescribed Mean Curvature Equation.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- This book provides an introduction to the bifurcation theory approach to global solution curves and studies the exact multiplicity of solutions for semilinear Dirichlet problems, aiming to obtain a complete understanding of the solution set. This understanding opens the way to efficient computation of all solutions. Detailed results are obtained in case of circular domains, and some results for general domains are also presented. The author is one of the original contributors to the field of exact multiplicity results.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Philip Korman.