Immunoassays in agricultural biotechnology [electronic resource]
- Hoboken, N.J. : Wiley, c2011.
- Physical description
- 1 online resource (xii, 350 p.) : ill.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Introduction / Guomin Shan
- Principles of Immunoassays / Claudia Sheedy and Kerrm Y. Yau
- Antibody Engineering in Agricultural Biotechnology / Patrick Doyle, Mehdi Arbabi-Ghahroudi, Claudia Sheedy, Kerrm Y. Yau, and J. Christopher Hall
- Microtiter Plate Elisa / Michael C. Brown
- Lateral Flow Devices / Murali Bandla, Rick Thompson, and Guomin Shan
- Immunoassay Method Validation / Jean Schmidt and Clara Alarcon
- Reference Materials and Considerations / Tandace A. Scholdberg and G. Ronald Jenkins
- Automation of Immunoassays / Michele Yarnall
- Data Interpretation and Sources of Error / Rod A. Herman and Guomin Shan
- Immunoassay Applications in Trait Discovery, Product Development, and Registration / Beryl Packer, Andre Silvanovich, and G. David Grothaus
- Immunoassay Applications in Grain Products and Food Processing / Gina M. Clapper and Lulu Kurman
- Immunoassay Applications in Soil Monitoring / Guomin Shan
- Immunoassay Applications in Plant-Based Biopharma / Thomas Patterson and Gregory Gilles
- Immunoassays in Veterinary Plant-Made Vaccines / Giorgio De Guzman, Robert P. Shepherd, and Amanda M. Walmsley
- Immunoassay as a GM Detection Method in International Trade / Ray Shillito and Thomas Currier
- Future Perspectives and Challenges / Zi Lucy Liu, Ai-Guo Gao, Leslie A.Harrison, Kerrm Y. Yau, John Lawry, and Guomin Shan.
- "A very broad range of professionals are using immunoassay technology daily to analyze genetically engineered (GE) crops and related areas, and many of these professionals are completely new to this technology. There is a great need for users to have a book containing technical and practical guidance, and describing limitations and pitfalls of applying immunoassay in agricultural biotechnology. This book focuses on the application of immunoassays to GE plants and related areas. A group of international experts from government agencies, academics and industries, who have many years of related experience, contribute high quality chapters in their areas of expertise. This book covers topics including principles of immunoassay, antibody engineering in AgBiotech, current technologies (formats, kit development, manufacturing and quality control), method validation, applications in trait discovery and product development, applications in grain products and food processing, applications in environmental monitoring, automation and high throughput, reference materials, data interpretation and source of error, and future perspectives and challenges. In addition, to meet the practical needs for a variety of readers from different backgrounds, methods and protocols are included as well"-- Provided by publisher.
- Publication date
- edited by Guomin Shan.
- Available in another form
- Print version: Immunoassays in Agricultural Biotechnology. Hoboken, New Jersey : Wiley, , ©2011 9780470289525 (DLC) 2010048264 (OCoLC)662400202