Biotech innovations and fundamental rights [electronic resource]
- Milan ; New York : Springer, 2012.
- Physical description
- 1 online resource (ix, 353 p.) : ill.
- Includes bibliographical references.
- Introduction / Paolo Veronesi
- The Case against the Privatization of Knowledge : Some Thoughts on the Myriad Genetics Controversy / Giorgio Resta
- Patentability Requirements of Biotech Inventions at the European Patent Office : Ethical Issues / Giovanni Macchia
- The Right to Access the Benefits of Science and Intellectual Property Rights / Aurora Plomer
- "Ownership and Provenance" of Genetic Material in the Rules on Biotechnological Patents / Rosaria Romano
- Biotechnology Patents Norms : Emerging Difficulties / Cecilia Zorzoli
- From the Patentability of Living Matter to the Ethics of Biotechnological Innovation : the Person-Body Relationship / Silvia Zullo
- Issues and Rights in DNA-based Inventions / Nicola Lucchi
- Bioethics and Freedom of Scientific Research in Gene Therapy and Stem Cell Biology / Roberto Gambari and Alessia Finotti
- Freedom of Scientific Researcli in the Field of Genetics / Roberto Bin
- Genetic Testing and Authentication of Paternity after Death of the Putative Father: the Bio-history and Its "Costs" / Giacomo D'Amico
- The Legal Implications of Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis / llja Richard Pavone
- Preimplantation Diagnosis of the Embryo : Legislative Inflexibility in vitro and Attempts at Greater Flexibility in vivo / Stefano Agosta
- Some Ethical and Regulatory Aspects Involved in Direct-to-Consumer Genetic Testing (DCGT) / Maria Jorqui Azofra
- Adjusting the Individualistic Framework of Protection in Human Genetic Research / Marta Tomasi
- Xenotransplantation and Human Rights / Paola Sobbrio
- Pharmacogenetics and Fundamental Rights / Elena Falletti
- Genetic Research and European Integration / Sara Lorenzon
- Genetic Data in Forensic Science : Use, Misuse and Abuse / Guido Barbujani and Francesca Tassi
- Genetic Research and Rights of the People Involved : from an Individual Approach to an Universal Perspective / Elisa Stefanini
- Towards a Genetic Registry Office? / llaria Anna Colussi
- Genetic Data Retention and the Italian Discipline of Acquittal : Database Improvement and the Fundamental Rights of the Individual / Francesco Morelli
- Use of Genetic Data for Research Purposes and Consent : Love or Hate? : A Proposal of Balance Taking Account of the "Specific Weight" of the Single Research / Giulia Vaccari
- The habeas data in the Genetic Research : Intrinsic Limits and Threats from Outside / Monica Alessia Senor
- First Observations on the Right to Development Approach to Informed Consent in Medical and Genetic Research / Lucia Busatta
- Genetic Research and Protection of Individual Rights : a First Approach to the French Model / Elisabetta Pulice
- Access to Genetic Resources in the Practices of States / Andrea Crescenzi.
- Publication date
- Roberto Bin, Sara Lorenzon, Nicola Lucchi, editors.
- Description based on print version record.
- Available in another form
- Print version: Biotech innovations and fundamental rights. Milan ; New York : Springer, 2012 9788847020313 (DLC) 2011931732 (OCoLC)733249524