The sustainable university : green goals and new challenges for higher education leaders
- Baltimore, Md. : Johns Hopkins University Press, 2012.
- Physical description
- xx, 331 p. : ill ; 24 cm.
LB3223 .S745 2012
- Unknown LB3223 .S745 2012
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 299-306) and index.
- The sustainable university: a need to move forward / James Martin and James E. Samels
- Promises made and promises lost: a candid assessment of higher education leadership and the sustainability agenda / Anthony D. Cortese
- Trends, skills, and strategies to catalyze sustainability across institutions / Debra Rowe and Aurora Lang Winslade
- Measuring campus sustainability performance: implementing the first sustainability tracking, assessment, and rating system (STARS) / Judy Walton and Laura Matson
- Institutionalizing sustainability: achieving transformations from the inside / Leith Sharp and Cindy Pollock Shea
- Sustainability: shifting definitions and evolving meanings / Davis Bookhart
- Sustainable citizenship: the challenge for students and their institutions / Terry Link
- Sustainability and the presidency: five starting points / Jo Ann Gora and Robert J. Koester
- Not so fast: a dose of reality about sustainability / Thomas Buchanan and Tara Evans
- The importance of sustainability in the community college setting / Mary Spilde
- Sustainability, leadership, and the role of the chief academic officer / Geoffrey Chase, Peggy Barlett, and Rick Fairbanks
- Greening the endowment / Mary Jo Maydew
- Sustainability and higher education architecture: best practices for institutional leaders / Scott Carlson
- Sustainable campus housing: building a better place / Norbert W. Dunkel and Lynne Deninger / Food for thought: building sustainable food systems and healthy communities / Howard L. Sacks
- University athletics and sustainability: start on the field / DeDee DeLongpre Johnston and Dave Newport
- The impact of sustainability on institutional quality assurance and accreditation / Sandra Elman
- Green legal: creating a culture of vigilance, compliance, and sustainability thinking / James E. Samels and James Martin
- Conclusion: new goals and new challenges for institutional leaders / James Martin and James E. Samels.
- Publication date
- James Martin, James E. Samels & associates.