Transforming city schools through art : approaches to meaningful K-12 learning
- New York : Teachers College Press, c2012.
- Physical description
- ix, 182 p. : ill ; 24 cm.
NX280 .T75 2012
- Unknown NX280 .T75 2012
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Artful cityscapes: transforming urban education with art / Flávia M. C. Bastos
- The business of beauty: women as assets in the city beautiful movement / Clayton Funk
- Counternarratives: considering urban students' voices in art education / Jessie L. Whitehead
- My life in teaching: on an evolving teacher education praxis for social justice / Kim Cosier
- The city as a culturally quilted pedagogical territory / Leda Guimarães
- Community arts academy: service learning for urban art teachers / Donalyn Heise and Bryna Bobick
- Community curriculum matters / Olivia Gude and Kim Cosier
- A possibility of togetherness: collaborative art learning for urban education / Karen Hutzel
- Artistically asking about school: picturing city youth as writers, artists, and citizens / Kristien Zenkov and Kimberly Sheridan
- Growing up gay in the Midwest: the youth video OUTreach project / Mindi Rhoades
- Empowering youth culture: possibilities for creating a teen museum / Carol Ng-He
- Sacred structures: a constructivist elementary school art studio project / James Haywood Rolling, Jr
- Beyond interpretation: responding critically to public art / Melanie L. Buffington and Erin Waldner.
- Publication date
- edited by Karen Hutzel, Flávia M.C. Bastos, Kim Cosier.