IT career jumpstart [electronic resource] : an introduction to PC hardware, software, and networking
- Introduction xxiii Chapter 1 The Computer's Brain: Processors and Memory 1 Chapter 2 Storing Your Files: Data Storage 27 Chapter 3 Data Movement: Input/Output Devices 55 Chapter 4 Hardware Configuration 79 Chapter 5 Desktop Operating Systems: A Comparison 91 Chapter 6 Command Shell 101: Basics Every Administrator Should Know 105 Chapter 7 Graphical Interface: Windows 7 Basics 131 Chapter 8 A Communications Framework 161 Chapter 9 Network Models 179 Chapter 10 Data-Link and Network Layer Protocols 191 Chapter 11 Network Operating Systems: A Comparison 211 Chapter 12 Windows Server 2008 R2 Origins and Platforms 221 Chapter 13 Windows Server 2008/2008 R2 Active Directory Domain Services 235 Chapter 14 Account Management 253 Chapter 15 File and Print Management 269 Appendix A Review Question Answers 295 Appendix B Common Acronyms 305 Glossary 311 Index 325.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- A practical approach for anyone looking to enter the IT workforce Before candidates can begin to prepare for any kind of certification, they need a basic understanding of the various hardware and software components used in a computer network. Aimed at aspiring IT professionals, this invaluable book strips down a network to its bare basics, and discusses this complex topic in a clear and concise manner so that IT beginners can confidently gain an understanding of fundamental IT concepts. In addition, a base knowledge has been established so that more advanced topics and technologies can be learned over time. Includes a discussion of the key computer components, such as the processor and memory Covers the basics of data storage as well as the input/output process Zeroes in on basic hardware configuration including how to install hardware and software drivers Introduces various computer operating systems, including the Windows OS family, Linux, and Mac. Looks at basic networking concepts and design IT Career JumpStart is an ideal starting point for anyone looking for a career in IT but doesn't know where to start.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Naomi J. Alpern, Joey Alpern, Randy Muller.
- Title Variation
- Introduction to PC hardware, software, and networking
- File Characteristics
- Computer document.
- Sybex serious skills
- Title from title screen.
- Includes index.
- File/Data Type
- Available also in a print ed.
- Mode of access: Internet via World Wide Web.
- Digitized and made available by: Books24x7.com.