Critical small schools : beyond privatization in New York City urban educational reform
- Charlotte, N.C. : Information Age Pub., c2012.
- Physical description
- xliv, 222 p. ; 24 cm.
LB3012.5 .C75 2012
- Unknown LB3012.5 .C75 2012
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Foreword: critical small schools: windows on educational justice in a neoliberal blizzard / Michelle Fine
- Introduction: forging a homegrown movement: the case for critical small schools in NYC / Maria Hantzopoulos and Alia Tyner-Mullings
- City prep: a culture of care in an era of data-driven reform / Jessica Schiller
- Considering context: exploring a small school's struggle to maintain its educational vision / Rosa Rivera-McCutchen
- A close look at small school creation: lessons learned from the first years of a critical small school / Jay Feldman and Anne O'Dwyer
- Authentic caring and community driven school reform: the case of El Puente Academy for Peace and Justice / Anthony De Jesús
- Additive schooling: a critical small school for latino immigrant youth / Lesley Bartlett and Jill Koyama
- Learning from our students: recovering the purpose of small schools in an era beholden to standardization / Nora Ahmed and Liza Bearman
- Freedom from high-stakes testing: a formula for small school success / Martha Foote
- Redefining success: how CPESS students reached the goals that mattered / Alia Tyner-Mullings
- Willie Rivera thoughts: critical small schools and the transition to education / Janice Bloom
- When cultures collide: students' successes and challenges as transformative change agents within and beyond a democratic school / Maria Hantzopoulos.
- Publication date
- edited by Maria Hantzopoulos, Alia R. Tyner-Mullings.