Language teaching research and language pedagogy
- Ellis, Rod.
- Chichester, West Sussex ; Malden, MA : Wiley-Blackwell, 2012.
- Physical description
- xi, 387 p. ; 26 cm.
P118.2 .E38 2012
- Unknown P118.2 .E38 2012
- Includes bibliographical references (p. -384) and index.
- List of Figures vi List of Tables vii Preface ix Acknowledgements xiii 1 Introduction: Developments in Language Teaching Research 1 2 Methods for Researching the Second Language Classroom 21 3 Comparative Method Studies 51 4 Second Language Classroom Discourse 75 5 Focus on the Teacher 115 6 Focus on the Learner 151 7 Investigating the Performance of Tasks 195 8 Interaction and L2 Learning in the Classroom 237 9 Form-Focused Instruction and Second Language Learning 271 10 Instruction, Individual Differences and L2 Learning 307 11 Conclusion: Research and Language Teaching 337 References 349 Index 385.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- This book examines current research centered on the second language classroom and the implications of this research for both the teaching and learning of foreign languages. It offers illuminating insights into the important relationship between research and teaching, and the inherent complexities of the teaching and learning of foreign languages in classroom settings. * Offers an accessible overview of a range of research on instruction and learning in the L2 classroom* Bridges the relationship between research, teachers, and learners* Helps evolve the practice of dedicated current language teachers with research findings that suggest best practices for language teaching.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Rod Ellis.
- Title Variation
- Language teaching research & language pedagogy