Ethnographic interviewing for teacher preparation and staff development : a field guide
- Frank, Carolyn.
- New York : Teachers College Press, c2011.
- Physical description
- ix, 103 p. : ill ; 23 cm.
LB1027.28 .F74 2011
- Unknown LB1027.28 .F74 2011
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 95-97) and index.
- Machine generated contents note: 1.Introduction
- Scope of This Book
- Data Collection
- Ethnographic Interviews
- 2.Ethnographic Questions
- Ethnographic Interviews as Speech Events
- Grand Tour Questions
- Elements of Ethnographic Interviews
- Food as a Source of Culture Awareness
- 3.Interviewing Parents During Home Visits
- Ethnographic Interviews During Home Visits
- Against a Theory of Cultural Deprivation
- Grand Tours of the Home
- Eliciting Information: Observing the Home
- Successes and Problems with Home Visits
- When the Teacher Does Not Speak the Language
- 4.Interviewing Children
- Challenges with Interviewing Children
- Case Study: Interviewing Karen
- Preservice Teachers Interviewing Children
- Children in ESL Classes/English Learners as Child Informants
- Interviewing Children at Home
- Children with Special Needs
- 5.Interviewing Teachers in Teacher Education
- How Ethnographic Interviews Explain Observations
- Questions for Student Teachers to Ask
- Questions for Preservice Teachers to Ask
- Ethnography Based on Evidence
- How Interviews Answer Questions from Observations
- How Ethnographic Questions Expand Teacher Answers
- 6.Ethnography in the Classroom
- Students as Ethnographers
- Ethnographer of the Day
- How Student Ethnography Helps Teachers
- Teachers and Children, Teachers and Parents
- Ethnography and Preservice Teachers
- Ethnography in the Classroom
- Home Visits.
- Publication date
- Carolyn Frank.