Handbook of early childhood education
- New York : Guilford Press, c2012.
- Physical description
- xxi, 634 p. : ill ; 26 cm.
LB1139.25 .H343 2012
- Unknown LB1139.25 .H343 2012
- Pianta, Robert C.
- Includes bibliographical references and indexes.
- Part I. Early Education Opportunities in the United States. Epstein, Steven Barnett, Early Education in the United States: Programs and Access. Belfield, Early Childhood Care and Education: Enrollment Patterns and Expenditures. Hustedt, Friedman, Steven Barnett, Investments in Early Education: Resources at the Federal and State Levels. Gilliam, Frede, Accountability and Program Evaluation in Early Education. Ryan, Whitebook, More Than Teachers: The Early Care and Education Workforce. Gillanders, Iruka, Ritchie, Cobb, Restructuring and Aligning Early Education Opportunities for Cultural, Language, and Ethnic Minority Children. Garcia, Language, Culture, and Early Education in the United States. Lamy, Poverty Is a Knot, and Preschool is an Untangler. Part II. Instruction and Curriculum in Early Education Settings: Impacts on Young Children's Preacademic Outcomes. Sittner Bridges, Justice, Hogan, Gray, Promoting Lower- and Higher-level Language Skills in Early Education Classrooms. Powell, Diamond, Promoting Early Literacy and Language Development. Clements, Sarama, Mathematics Learning, Assessment, and Curriculum. Trundle, Sackes, Science and Early Education. Trawick-Smith, Teacher-child Play Interactions to Achieve Learning Outcomes: Risks and Opportunities. Cameron, A Transactional Model of Effective Teaching and Learning in the Early Childhood Classroom. Part III. Developmental Processes, Early Education, and Families. Rimm-Kaufman, Wanless, An Ecological Perspective to Understanding the Early Development of Self-regulatory Skills, Social Skills, and Achievement. Obradovic, Portilla, Thomas Boyce, Executive Functioning and Developmental Neuroscience: Current Progress and Implications for Early Childhood Education. Bodrova, Leong, Scaffolding Self-regulated Learning in Young Children: Lessons from Tools of the Mind. Knoche, Cline, Marvin, Fostering Collaborative Partnerships between Early Childhood Professionals and the Parents of Young Children. Domitrovich, Moore, Thompson, CASEL Preschool to Elementary School Social and Emotional Learning Assessment Workgroup, Interventions that Promote Social-emotional Learning in Young Children. Hemmeter, Conroy, Supporting the Social Competence of Young Children with Challenging Behavior in the Context of the Teaching Pyramid Model: Research-based Practices and Implementation in Early Childhood Settings. Sheridan, Clarke, Ihlo, Promoting Young Children's Mental Health through Early Childhood Consultation: Ecological Advances and Research Needs. Part IV. Building Systems of Effective Early Education Supports: Meeting the Needs of Diverse Children and the Adults Who Serve Them. Lawler, Gunnar, Implications of Research on Postinstitutionalized Children for Practice and Policy in Early Education. Buysse, Access, Participation, and Supports: A Framework for Improving Inclusive Early Education Opportunities for Children with Disabilities. Hamre, Downer, Jamil, Pianta, Enhancing Teachers' Intentional Use of Effective Interactions with Children: Designing and Testing Professional Development Interventions. Neuman, Improving Language and Literacy Outcomes in Child Care. Hyson, Horm, Winton, Higher Education for Early Childhood Educators and Outcomes for Young Children: Pathways toward Greater Effectiveness. Bredekamp, Goffin, Making the Case: Why Credentialing and Certification Matter.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- Comprehensive and authoritative, this forward-thinking book reviews the breadth of current knowledge about early education and identifies important priorities for practice and policy. Robert C. Pianta and his associates bring together foremost experts to examine what works in promoting all children's school readiness and social-emotional development in preschool and the primary grades. Exemplary programs, instructional practices, and professional development initiatives - and the systems needed to put them into place - are described. The volume presents cutting-edge findings on the family and social context of early education and explores ways to strengthen collaboration between professionals and parents. Published by Guilford Press, only available for sale in UK/Europe for all other orders visit www.guilford.com.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- edited by Robert C. Pianta ... [et al.].