Just imagine : music, images and text to inspire creative writing
- Carter, James, 1959-
- 2nd ed.
- London ; New York : Routledge, 2012.
- Physical description
- vi, 154 p. : ill ; 30 cm. + 1 sound disc (digital ; 4 3/4 in.)
- Library has: 1 v. + 1 sound disc
LB1576 .C31792 2012 F
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 148-151).
- INTRODUCTION: What is creativity?' 'What Writers Say About Writing' 'Top Tips For Writing' TEXT & THEMES: 'Writing with text' Various pieces of writing inspired by other text 8 theme-based sections with text examples: Memories Dreams School Life Friendships Outsiders Journeys Time The Wild IMAGES: 'Writing with images' 'Gallery' section MUSIC 'Writing with music' Specific workshop activities related to each track on the CD Word wheel 1: Genre & Places Word wheel 2: Scenarios & Forms of Writing Glossary 1: Forms of Writing Glossary 2: Useful Terms For Writing Recommended Books and Useful Websites Bibliography Contributing Authors Acknowledgements COMPACT DISC.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- Just Imagine is an exciting, unique and versatile resource that provides teachers with practical and stimulating creative writing activities for fiction, non-fiction and poetry. Taking three different, but interconnected media by which to generate and explore creative writing - 'Text and Themes', 'Images' and 'Music' - the book/CD offers inspiration for a wide range of creative writing workshops. The books is organised into three sections: Texts and themes: 8 theme-based sections that use a variety of texts, interview clips and discussion points to explore such topics as memories, dreams, school life, friendships, outsiders, journeys, time and the wild; Images: a gallery of photographs and illustrations in a range of styles and forms, encompassing a range of themes including characters, landscapes, events and objects; Music: a CD which features instrumental tracks and soundscapes of different styles, moods and tempos. This second edition includes three brand new tracks on the CD as well as many new images, texts and also interview clips with high profile children's authors. Sets of activities and teachers' notes accompany each of the selected pieces and stimuli throughout, all of which can be easily adapted according to the needs of individual classes. Just Imagine offers a wealth of material to help children develop confidence with their writing, deepen their understanding of the creative process and, above all, enjoy their creativity. It will appeal to Primary and Secondary English Teachers, as well as students studying on undergraduate and postgraduate initial teacher education courses in primary English/Literacy, PGCE Secondary English and Undergraduate courses in Creative Writing.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- James Carter.
- "A David Fulton book"--Cover.