Considering trilingual education
P115 .H46 2012
- Unknown P115 .H46 2012
- Includes bibliographical references (p. -239) and index.
- 1. Trilingualism 2. Hamelin/Laie Schools, Barcelona: Education in Castellano, English, and Catalan 3. American School of Barcelona: Education in Castellano, English, and Catalan 4. Colegio Pestalozzi, Buenos Aires: Education in Spanish, German and English 5. Riverview Elementary School, San Diego, CA: Education in Spanish, English and Mandarin Chinese 6. Awareness of Trilingual Immigrant Experiences in the U.S. 7. Conclusions. Trilingual Education Program: Planning Workbook.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- Based in case studies conducted in the US, Europe, and Latin America, this book explores the feasibility and benefits of trilingual/ multilingual education in the United States. Currently, there are few programs in the country of this nature, as educators tend to conclude that English-language learners would be overwhelmed by study in additional languages. Henn-Reinke builds an argument supporting trilingual education in the US, discussing issues of identity, curriculum, pedagogy, and the impact of other psycho-socio-linguistic factors.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Kathryn Henn-Reinke.
- Routledge research in education ; 72