Orthogonal polynomials for exponential weights
- Lubinsky, D. S. (Doron Shaul), 1955-
- Includes bibliographical references (p. -469) and index.
- 1. Introduction and Results
- 2. Weighted Potential Theory: The Basics
- 3. Basic Estimates for Q, a[subscript t]
- 4. Restricted Range Inequalities
- 5. Estimates for Measure and Potential
- 6. Smoothness of [sigma][subscript t]
- 7. Weighted Polynomial Approximation
- 8. Asymptotics of Extermal Errors
- 9. Christoffel Functions
- 10. Markov-Bernstein and Nikolskii Inequalities
- 11. Zeros of Orthogonal Polynomials
- 12. Bounds on Orthogonal Polynomials
- 13. Further Bounds and Applications
- 14. Asymptotics of Extremal Polynomials
- 15. Asymptotics of Orthonormal Polynomials
- A. Bernstein-Szego L[subscript p] Extermal Polynomials
- B. Bernstein-Szego Orthogonal Polynomials.
- Publisher's Summary
- The analysis of orthogonal polynomials associated with general weights has been a major theme in classical analysis this century. In this monograph, the authors define and discuss their classes of weights, state several of their results on Christoffel functions, Bernstein inequalities, restricted range inequalities, and record their bounds on the orthogonal polynomials, as well as their asymptotic results. This book will be of interest to researchers in approximation theory, potential theory, as well as in some branches of engineering.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Supplemental links
Table of contents only
- Publication date
- Eli Levin, Doron S. Lubinsky.
- CMS books in mathematics ; 4