Swirl by swirl : spirals in nature
- Sidman, Joyce.
- Boston : Houghton Mifflin Harcourt, 2011.
- Physical description
- 1 v. (unpaged) : col. ill. ; 25 cm.
PS3569 .I295 S85 2011
- Unknown PS3569 .I295 S85 2011
- Krommes, Beth, ill.
- Publisher's Summary
- What makes the tiny snail shell so beautiful? Why does that shape occur in nature over and over again - in rushing rivers, in a flower bud, even inside your ear? With simplicity and grace, Krommes and Sidman not only reveal the many spirals in nature - from fiddleheads to elephant tusks, from crashing waves to spiralling galaxies - but also celebrate the beauty and usefulness of this fascinating shape.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- written by Joyce Sidman ; illustrated by Beth Krommes.