- 4th ed.
- Sudbury, Mass. : Jones and Bartlett Publishers, c2011.
- Physical description
- xxx, 805,  p. : ill. (chiefly col.) ; 29 cm.
- Insel, Paul M.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Publisher's Summary
- 5 Stars! Doody's Review Service Nutrition, Fourth Edition is an accessible introduction to nutritional concepts, guidelines, and functions. It brings scientifically based, accurate information to students about topics and issues that concern them-a balanced diet, weight management, and more-and encourages them to think about the material they're reading and how it relates to their own lives. Covering important biological and physiological phenomena, including glucose regulation, digestion and absorption, and fetal development - as well as familiar topics such as nutritional supplements and exercise - Nutrition, Fourth Edition provides a balanced presentation of behavioral change and the science of nutrition.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Paul Insel ... [et al.].
- Rev. ed. of: Nutrition / Paul Insel, R. Elaine Turner, Don Ross. 3rd ed. c2007.
- Related Work
- Insel, Paul M. Nutrition.