- Garrett, R. (Reginald)
- 5th ed.
- Belmont, CA : Brooks/Cole, Cengage Learning, c2013.
- Physical description
- xxxviii, 1169, 48, 22 p. : ill. (chiefly col.) ; 29 cm.
QD415 .G29 2013
- Unknown QD415 .G29 2013
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Molecular components of cells
- Facts of life: chemistry is the logic of biological phenomena
- Water: the medium of life
- Thermodynamics of biological systems
- Amino acids and the peptide bond
- Proteins: their primary structure and biological functions
- Proteins: secondary, tertiary, and quaternary structure
- Carbohydrates and the glycoconjugates of cell surfaces
- Membranes and membrane transport
- Nucleotides and nucleic acids
- Structure of nucleic acids
- Recombinant DNA: cloning and creation of chimeric genes
- Protein dynamics
- Enzymes: kinetics and specificity
- Mechanisms of enzyme action
- Enzyme regulation
- Molecular motors
- Metabolism and its regulation
- Metabolism: an overview
- Tricarboxylic acid cycle
- Electron transport and oxidative phosphorylation
- Gluconeogenesis, glycogen metabolism, and the pentose phosphate pathway
- Fatty acid catabolism
- Lipid biosynthesis
- Nitrogen acquisition and amino acid metabolism
- Synthesis and degradation of nucleotides
- Metabolic integration and organ specialization
- Information transfer
- DNA metabolism: replication, recombination, and repair
- Transcription and the regulation of gene expression
- Protein synthesis
- Completing the protein life cycle: folding, processing, and degradation
- Reception and transmission of extracellular information.
- Publication date
- Reginald H. Garrett, Charles M. Grisham, with molecular graphic images by Michal Sabat.