Proactive classroom management, K-8 : a practical guide to empower students and teachers
- Denti, Lou.
- Thousand Oaks, Calif. : Corwin, c2012.
- Physical description
- xi, 178 p. ; 28 cm.
LB3013 .D468 2012
- Unknown LB3013 .D468 2012
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 161-166) and index.
- Introduction Preface Quick Glance Part 1: Proactive Teaching and Student Empowerment 1. Proactive Teaching 2. Boundaries 3. Teacher Self-Esteem 4. Teaching and Rewarding Responsible Behavior 5. Responsible Instruction 6: Nine Features of Effective Classroom Management The IeAM System Data Collection Classsroom Procedures and Routines Checklist Teacher Classroom Management Self-Check School Behavior Checklist Class Meeting Cooperative/Collaborative Learning Conflict Resolution Classroom Manager Roles Part 2: Activities to Promote Positive Classroom and Student Behavior Website Resources Appendix.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- 77 practical activities that reinforce positive behavior Every teacher dreams of the perfect, well-behaved classroom, but the reality can be quite different. On those less-than-perfect days, having a system in place helps you and your students stay on track. This gold mine of teacher-developed and approved strategies goes beyond classroom management theory and gives you ready-to-use tools that not only encourage positive behavior, but also empower students to take responsibility for their behavior. This book is organized into three sections: the first provides general classroom operating principles for maintaining control of the classroom; the second helps teachers with day-to-day classroom management; and the third is chock full of teacher-friendly activities to promote an enhanced classroom environment. Excellent for all students, these strategies will help you: - Improve your teaching and classroom management skills - Enhance your knowledge base - Maintain a positive attitude so that you can be proactive rather than reactive Also included are a "quick glance" chart that groups the activities by appropriate grade level and checklists for classroom procedures and routines, teacher classroom management, and self evaluation. Are you ready to get started? Let these "best of the best" activities lead the way!.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Louis G. Denti.