Schools for the future Europe : values and change beyond Lisbon
- London ; New York, NY : Continuum, c2012.
- Physical description
- x, 255 p. ; 25 cm.
LA621.83 .S36 2012
- Unknown LA621.83 .S36 2012
- Includes bibliographical references (p. -245) and index.
- Putting Europe into education / Frank Furedi
- Post-war perspectives: what Europe meant for education then, what it means for us now / John Sayer
- Europe, human rights, and education / Hugh Starkey
- School links across national cultures: a personal experience of Europe in the school curriculum / Paddy Carpenter
- Raising awareness of Europe in classroom and community: a Scottish initiative / Barbara Macleod
- Pedagogy, citizenship, and the EU: practitioners' perspectives on the teaching of European citizenship through modern foreign languages / Mairin Hennebry
- Foreign language assistants in schools: making sure of the future / Martha Wörsching
- Models of bilingual schooling / Lynn Erler ... [et al.]
- Teacher education and development for bilingual education / Shirley Lawes
- The European schools and enlargement / Renée Christmann
- The future for the European baccalaureate: recognition and reform / John
- Learning from Culham as a case study / John Sayer
- Conclusion: the next ten years / Lynn Erler and John Sayer
- Annex: major European events and developments affecting schools, 1949-2011.
- Publication date
- edited by John Sayer and Lynn Erler.