Teaching with reverence : reviving an ancient virtue for today's schools
- 1st ed.
- New York : Palgrave Macmillan, 2012.
- Physical description
- xv, 168 p. ; 23 cm.
LC311 .T435 2012
- Unknown LC311 .T435 2012
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Introduction: reverence and teaching: reviving an ancient virtue for today's schools
- The practice of reverent teaching / Robert Boostrom
- Reverence and love in teaching / Daniel P. Liston
- "To seek by way of silence" / Michael Dale
- "Spots of time that glow": reverence, epiphany, and the teaching life / Sam M. Intrator
- Awakening reverence: the role of descriptive inquiry in developing perception and reverence--the case of the prospect school teacher education program / Carol Rodgers
- Risking reverence / Elaine J. O'Quinn
- Reverence for what? a teacher's quest / William H. Schubert
- Lesson one: reverence / William Ayers
- Quotidian sublimity / Megan J. Laverty
- Reverence for things not seen: implied creators in works of art, implied teachers in creative pedagogy / Bruce Novak.
- Publication date
- edited by A.G. Rud and Jim Garrison.