Self-assembly and nanotechnology systems [electronic resource] : design, characterization, and applications
- Lee, Yoon S. (Yoon Seob)
- Hoboken, N.J. : Wiley, c2012.
- Physical description
- 1 online resource (xx, 459 p.) : ill.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- pt. 1.Building Units. Self-Assembly Systems
- Nanotechnology Systems
- pt. 2. Design. Identification of Self-Assembly Capability
- Identification of Multi-Step Self-Assemblies
- Control of the Structures of Self-Assembled Aggregates
- Hierarchy and Chirality of Self-Assembled Aggregates
- Assembly with Multiple Building Units
- Directed and Forced Assemblies
- pt. 3. Applications. External Signal₆Responsive Nanomaterials
- Nanomaterials with Intrinsic Functionalities
- Nanostructures: Designed to Perform
- Nanoproperties: Controlled to Express
- Nanofabricated Systems: Combined to Function
- Nanomechanical Movements: Combined to Operate
- pt. 4. Characterization. Assembly Forces and Measurements
- Assembly Processes and Critical Behaviors
- Assembled Systems and Structural Properties
- Modeling and Simulations
- Epilogue: Informatics for Self-Assembly and Nanotechnology Systems
- Publisher's Summary
- This book serves as a companion that expands on the author's previous book by using the concepts from that book as a foundation for an informatic approach to self-assembly, which can be directly expanded into nanoassembly and nanofabrication, providing an effective way to design/fabricate nanofabricated systems. These topics can be used to develop a variety of nanotechnology systems effectively and efficiently, which promises to pave the way to green nanotechnology with its potential for economically sound and environmentally friendly nanoscale processes.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Yoon S. Lee.
- Available in another form
- Print version: Lee, Yoon S. (Yoon Seob). Self-assembly and nanotechnology systems. Hoboken, N.J. : Wiley, c2012 9781118087596 (DLC) 2011010969 (OCoLC)716067254