Name Reactions in Heterocyclic Chemistry II [electronic resource]
- Hoboken, N.J. : Wiley, c2011.
- Physical description
- 1 online resource (xiii, 690 p.) : ill.
- Comprehensive name reactions ; v. 6.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Three- and four-membered heterocycles. Aziridines and epoxides
- Five-membered heterocycles. Pyrroles and pyrrolidines
- Furans and oxazoles
- Other five-membered heterocycles
- Six-membered heterocycles. Pyridines
- Quinolines and isoquinolines
- Six-membered heterocycles
- Miscellaneous name reactions
- Appendix 1: Table of contents for volume 1:
- Appendix 2: Table of contents for volume 2: Name reactions for functional group transformations
- Appendix 3: Table of contents for volume 3:
- Appendix 4: Table of contents for volume 3:
- Appendix 5: Table of contents for volume 5:
- Subject index.
- The up-to-DATE guide to name reactions in heterocyclic chemistry Name Reactions in Heterocyclic Chemistry II presents a comprehensive treatise on name reactions in heterocyclic chemistry, one of the most exciting-and important-fields within organic chemistry today. The book not only covers fresh ground, but also provides extensive information on new and/or expanded reactions in: Three- and four-membered heterocycles, Five-membered heterocycles (pyrroles and pyrrolidines, indoles, furans, thiophenes, and oxazoles), Six-membered heterocycles, including pyridines, quinolines, and isoquinolines -- Featuring contributions from the leading authorities in heterocyclic chemistry. Each section includes a description of the given reaction, as well as the relevant historical perspective, mechanism, variations and improvements, synthetic utilities, experimental details, and references to the current primary literature. The reactions covered in Name Reactions in Heterocyclic Chemistry have been widely adopted in all areas of organic synthesis, from the medicinal/pharmaceutical field, to agriculture, to fine chemicals, and the book brings the most cutting-edge knowledge to practicing synthetic chemists and students, along with the tools needed to synthesize new and useful molecules.
- Publication date
- edited by Jie Jack Li, foreword by E.J. Corey.
- Wiley series on comprehensive name reactions ; v. 6
- Available in another form
- Print version: Name reactions in heterocyclic chemistry II. Hoboken, N.J. : Wiley, c2011 9780470085080 (OCoLC)751821816