Co-teaching that works : structures and strategies for maximizing student learning
LB1029 .T4 B46 2012
- Unknown LB1029 .T4 B46 2012
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 245-250) and index.
- An overview of co-teaching
- Relationship building: common challenges and effective solutions
- Implementations: common challenges and effective solutions
- The duet model
- Lead and support model
- Speak and add model
- Skill groups model
- Station model
- Learning style model
- Parallel teaching model
- Adapting model
- Complementary skills model
- Co-teaching with a technology specialist
- Co-teaching with a special education teacher
- Co-teaching with a speech/language pathologist
- Co-teaching with and occupational or physical therapist
- Co-teaching with a paraeducator
- Co-teaching with a gifted specialist
- Co-teaching with a literacy specialist
- Co-teaching with an ELL specialist
- Conclusion: evolving partnerships.
- "Guaranteed success for the co-taught classroom for the increasing number of teachers working in co-taught classrooms, this book provides practical ideas for defining teacher roles, planning lessons, providing effective instruction, and maximizing the value of each team member. Former co-teacher and national presenter Anne Beninghof shares stories, and real-life co-taught lesson examples that emphasize creative yet time-efficient instructional strategies that lend themselves beautifully to the co-taught classroom. Teachers and instructional leaders at all levels and in a wide variety of content areas will find this book replete with valuable co-teaching guidance so that success is guaranteed. Offers tips for effective teaching strategies for every type of team teaching situation imaginable Includes guidelines for successful team-teaching with specialists in technology; literacy; occupational/physical therapy; special education; speech-language therapy; ELL; gifted The author is an internationally recognized consultant and trainer This user-friendly, comprehensive book is filled with concrete ideas teachers can implement immediately in the classroom to boost student learning and engagement"--Provided by publisher.
- Publication date
- Anne M. Beninghof.
- Jossey-Bass teacher
- "Grades K-12"--Cover.