- Publication date:
- Houndmills, Basingstoke, Hampshire ; New York : Palgrave Macmillan, 2012.
- x, 208 p. : ill ; 24 cm.
Includes bibliographical references (p. 176-199) and index.
- Machine generated contents note:
- List of Illustrations
- List of Tables and Figures
- List of Abbreviations
- Approaches to Discourse Analysis
- Games and Language
- Videogame Genres, Macrostructures and Textuality
- Words and Meanings
- The Linguistic Pragmatics of Gameplay
- Metaludic Discourses
- Gaming and Multimodality
- The Narrative Language of Videogames
"The Language of Gaming examines the complex language of videogames and gaming from a discourse analytical perspective. Astrid Ensslin studies the discourses inscribed in videogames by their producers, as well as gamer and media meta-discourses, and focal areas include gamer slang, illocution, multimodality, and narrative structures"-- Provided by publisher.