Neoliberalism and the global restructuring of knowledge and education
LC67.6 .W37 2012
- Unavailable LC67.6 .W37 2012
- Includes bibliographical references (p. -245) and index.
- Introduction: The Contemporary Politics of Knowing and Learning 1. Changing the Soul: The Contours, Currents and Contradictions of the Neoliberal Revolution 2. The Machinations of the Managerialism: New Public Management and the Diminishing Power of Knowledge Professionals 3. The Neoliberalization of Knowledge: Privatization and the New Epistemic Economy 4. The New Marketplace of Ideas: The New Knowledge Makers and their New Knowledge 5. Creating the Clever Country: Neoliberalism, Knowledge Society Policies and the Restructuring of Higher Education 6. "An Island of Socialism in a Free Market Sea:" Building the Market-Oriented School 7. Aligning Markets and Minds: The Responsiblized Self in the New Entrepreneurial Culture.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- This book examines the influence of neoliberal ideas and practices on the way knowledge has been conceptualized, produced, and disseminated over the last few decades at different levels of public education and in various national contexts around the world.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Steven C. Ward.
- Routledge advances in sociology ; 60