Child and adolescent suicidal behavior : school-based prevention, assessment, and intervention
- Miller, David Neil, 1963-
- New York : Guilford Press, c2011.
- Physical description
- xxii, 170 p. ; 27 cm.
HV6545.8 .M55 2011
- Unknown HV6545.8 .M55 2011
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 138-163) and index.
- Suicidal Behavior in Children and Adolescents: An Introduction and Overview. Youth Suicidal Behavior and the Schools. A Public Health Approach to Youth Suicide Prevention. Universal School-based Suicide Prevention Programs for All Students. Identifying At-risk and High-risk Students and Linking Assessment to Intervention. Selected and Tertiary Interventions for At-risk and High-risk Students. School-based Suicide Postvention. Epilogue. Fossey, Zirkel, Appendix A: Student Suicide Case Law in Public Schools. Appendix B: Recommended Resources.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- Meeting a crucial need, this book distills the best current knowledge on child and adolescent suicide prevention into comprehensive guidelines for school-based practitioners. The author draws on extensive research and clinical experience to provide best-practice recommendations for developing schoolwide prevention programs, conducting risk assessments, and intervening at different levels of intensity with students at risk. Also presented are postvention procedures for responding effectively if a suicide does occur. Legal and ethical issues are addressed in detail. Reproducible handouts include sample assessment questions for students, teachers, and parents; the book's large-size format and lay-flat binding facilitate photocopying. This book will be valuable reading for school psychologists, counselors, administrators, and social workers; also of interest to child/adolescent clinical psychologists and psychiatrists. It may also serve as a supplemental text in graduate-level courses.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- David N. Miller ; foreword by Alan L. Berman.
- The Guilford practical invervention in the schools series