Math unlimited : essays in mathematics
- Boca Raton, FL : CRC Press ; Jersey, British Isles : Science Publishers, c2012.
- Physical description
- xi, 478 p. : ill. (some col.) ; 24 cm.
QA7 .M44425 2012
- Unknown QA7 .M44425 2012
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Preface Mathematics for its Own Sake Group Theory-What's Beyond B. Sury Splitting Primes Chandan Singh Dalawat Elliptic Curves and Number Theory R. Sujatha Curvature and Relativity Siddhartha Gadgil Generating Functions S. Ramanan Approximating Continuous Functions by Polynomials Gautam Bharali Applicable Mathematics The Wonderful World of Eigenvalues Arup Bose and Aloke Dey On Ptak's Nondiscrete Induction A.S.Vasudeva Murthy Partial Differential Equations P.N. Srikanth Large Deviations S.R.S. Varadhan From the Binary Alphabet to Quantum Computation K.R. Parthasarathy Is There a Science Behind Opinion Polls? Rajeeva L. Karandikar An Introduction to Financial Mathematics Sandeep Juneja Mathematics and Computer Science Linear Time, Almost Linear Time, and Almost Always Linear Time: Snippets from the Work of Robert Endre Tarjan Jaikumar Radhakrishnan Group Representations and Algorithmic Complexity K.V. Subrahmanyam Regular Languages: From Automata to Logic and Back Madhavan Mukund Mathematics and Physics Variational Calculus in Mathematics and Physics Rajesh Gopakumar The Forces of Nature Sudarshan Ananth The Reciprocal Interaction Between Mathematics and Natural Law Sunil Mukhi Mathematics and Biology An Introduction to Mathematical Biology Pranay Goel Mathematics and Biology: The Growing Synergy Dhiraj Kumar and Samrat Chatterjee Mathematical Biology: A Modelling Approach Sunita Gakkhar A Mathematical Approach to Brain and Cognition Shripad Kondra and Prasun Kumar Roy Mathematics over the Millenia Rational Quadrilaterals from Brahmagupta to Kummer R. Sridharan Magic Squares Raja Sridharan and M.D. Srinivas Differences in Style, but not in Substance:Ancient Indian Study of Combinatorial Methods Raja Sridharan, R. Sridharan and M.D. Srinivas In Square Circle: Geometric Knowledge of the Indus Civilization Sitabhra Sinha, Nisha Yadav and Mayank Vahia Index Color Plate Section.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- This collection of essays spans pure and applied mathematics. Readers interested in mathematical research and historical aspects of mathematics will appreciate the enlightening content of the material. Highlighting the pervasive nature of mathematics today in a host of different areas, the book also covers the spread of mathematical ideas and techniques in areas ranging from computer science to physics to biology.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- editors, R. Sujatha, H.N. Ramaswamy, C.S. Yogananda.