China's education development and policy, 1978-2008
- Leiden ; Boston : Brill, 2011.
- Physical description
- xix, 480 p. : ill. ; 25 cm.
- Social scientific studies in reform era China ; v. 9.
LC94 .C5 C4718 2011
- Unknown LC94 .C5 C4718 2011
- Zhang, Xiulan.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Introduction: Establishing a New Policy-Making Mechanism and Actualizing the Transformation of the Policy-Making Models: Reflections on How to Build a Modern People-Oriented National Education System Zhang Xiulan, Hu Xiaojiang, and Qu Zhiyong Chapter One: From Welfare to Socialization: A Review of Early Childhood Care and Educational Policies in China Zhang Ying, Zhou Peiran, and Zhang Qiujie Chapter Two: Policies on China's Basic Education over the Last Thirty Years Chai Chunqing and Cheng Gang Chapter Three: Thirty Years of Special Education in China: Policy Construction of the Modern Special Education System Zhao Xiaohong, Tang Min, and Chen Jiao Chapter Four: Compulsory Education of Migrant Children: Problems and Policy Reaction, from the Angle of Equity Qu Zhiyong and Wang Li Chapter Five: An Overview of Studies in Vocational Education Policy in China over the Past Thirty Years He Zhen, Wang Qiu, Zhang Mei, and Cui Jian Chapter Six: Chinese Higher Education during the Past 30 Years: The Transformation of Public Policy Yang Dongping Chapter Seven: A Review and Analysis of Ethnic Minority Education Policies in China over the Past Thirty Years Chen Lipeng, Liu Yanqing, Hao Xiaoming, Kong Wei, Ma Ming, and Su Yang Chapter Eight: The Report of China Private Education Policy Development Wu Hua and Wen Dai.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- "China s Education Development and Policy, 1978-2008" is translated from the original Chinese version and presents the current assessment of the changes to the educational system in China and how those changes have been perceived during the past thirty years.".
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- edited by Zhang Xiulan.
- Social scientific studies in reform era China, 1879-7539 ; v. 9