RTI with differentiated instruction, grades 6-8 : a classroom teacher's guide
- O'Meara, Jodi.
- Thousand Oaks, Calif. : Corwin, c2011.
- Physical description
- viii, 204 p. : ill. ; 26 cm.
LB1029 .R4 O64 2011
- Unknown LB1029 .R4 O64 2011
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 196-197) and index.
- Acknowledgements About the Author Introduction Part I 1. Principles of RTI and Implications in the Classroom 2. Principles of DI and Implications in the Classroom 3. The Merging of DI and RTI Part II 4. Tier 1 - Curriculum and Instruction 5. Tier 1 - Assessment 6. Tier 1 - The Environment Part III 7. Tier 2 - Instruction and Differentiation 8. Tier 2 - Assessment and Problem Solving 9. Tier 3 - Instruction, Assessment, and Problem Solving 10. The Problem-Solving Team Resources References Index.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- An efficient way to merge differentiated instruction and RTI Collecting, processing, and using assessment data to form instruction for each student can be overwhelming-especially with so much diversity in the classroom. Help is here, with this hands-on guide that brings together the two leading approaches to teaching students of varying abilities: Response to Instruction and Intervention (RTI) and differentiated instruction (DI). Written in a practical, "how-to" format, this book gives middle school teachers strategies for adapting assessments, curriculum, and instruction to student abilities. Key topics include: - Differences and similarities between RTI and DI - Data analysis for effective instructional decision making - Strategies for applying RTI and DI to all students, including English learners, children with special needs, and high-ability students Focused on user-friendly strategies for the classroom rather than school systems, this helpful guide includes lesson plans, case studies, examples, rubrics, and teacher reflection exercises. Streamline your instruction with this winning combination and watch student achievement soar!.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Jodi O'Meara.