Bicultural parent engagement : advocacy and empowerment
- New York : Teachers College Press, c2011.
- Physical description
- viii, 246 p. : ill. ; 23 cm.
- EDUC-178X-01 -- Latino families, languages, and schools
- Valdes, Guadalupe M
Request at circulation desk
LB1048.5 .B53 2011
On Reserve 2-hour loan
- Unknown LB1048.5 .B53 2011
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Critical voices in bicultural parent engagement: a framework for transformation / Edward M. Olivos, Alberto M. Ochoa, and Oscar Jimenez-Castellanos
- Parental involvement in the home: a critical view through a multicultural lens / Robert P. Moreno, Kristal Lewis-Menchaca, and James Rodriguez
- Culturally proficient school communities: connecting bicultural parents to schools / Delores B. Lindsey and Randall B. Lindsey
- Using family stories to foster parent and pre-service teacher relationships / Maria Lombos Wlazlinski and Jim Cummins
- Parent engagement and equity in a dual language program / Sheila Shannon
- Engaging bicultural parents for democratic schooling / Art Pearl
- Models of parent-teacher/school engagement in a time of educational reform, increased diversity, and globalization / Carl A. Grant and Aubree A. Potter
- A parent advocate's vision of a 21st century model for bicultural parent engagement / Mary Johnson
- Bicultural parents as transformative change agents through action research in schools and in the community / Martha Montero-Sieburth
- Becoming civic: the active engagement of Latino immigrant parents in public schools / Veronica Terriquez and John Rogers
- The struggle for democratic and transformative parent engagement / Alberto M. Ochoa, Edward M. Olivos, and Oscar Jimenez-Castellanos.
- Publication date
- edited by Edward M. Olivos, Oscar Jiménez-Castellanos, Alberto M. Ochoa.