Oxford ; Philadelphia : Woodhead Publishing, 2011.
xxiv, 659 p. : ill. ; 25 cm.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
pt. I. Key issues and assessment of biofuels production. 1. Introduction : an overview of biofuels and production technologies / R. Luque and J.M. Campelo, J.H. Clark
2. Multiple objectives policy for biofuels production / C. de Lucia
3. Life cycle sustainability assessment of biofuels / A. Azapagic and H. Stichnothe
4. Vegetable-based feedstocks for biofuels production / S. Pinzi and M.P. Dorado
pt. II. Biofuels from chemical and biochemical conversion processes and technologies. 5. Production of biofuels via chemical catalytic conversion / R. Verhé, C. Echim and C. Stevens
6. Biochemical catalytic production of biodiesel / S. al-Zuhair
7. Production of glycerol-free and alternative biodiesels / A. Macario ... [et al.]
8. Biodiesel production from microbial oil / A.A. Koutinas and S. Papanikolaou
9. Biochemical production of bioethanol / M. Arshadi and H. Grundberg
10. Biochemical production of biobutanol / M. Köpke and P. Dürre
11. Biochemical production of other bioalchohols / S.D. Minteer
12. Production of biogas via anaerobic digestion / K. Stamatelatou, G. Antonopoulou and G.L. Lyberatos
13. Biological and fermentative production of hydrogen / G. Antonopoulou ... [et al.]
pt. III. Biofuels from thermal and thermo-chemical conversion processes and technologies. 15. Production of biofuels via catalytic cracking / J.A. Melero, A. García and M. Clavero
16. Production of bio-syngas and biohydrogen via gasification / A. Dutta and B. Acharya
17. Production of bioalchohols via gasification / J.M.N. van Kasteren
18. Production of biofuels via hydrothermal conversion / S.R.A. Kersten, D. Kneževíc and R.H. Venderbosch
19. Production of biofuels via Fischer-Tropsch synthesis / A. Lappas and E. Heracleous
20. Production of biofuels via biomass reforming / G. van Rossum and S.R.A. Kersten
pt. IV. Integrated production and application of biofuels. 21. Biofuel-driven biorefineries for the co-production of transportation fuels and added-value products / R. van Ree ... [et al.]
22. Valorization of by-products for the production of biofuels / C. Echim ... [et al.]
23. Utilisation of biofuels in diesel engines / T. Le Anh, I.K. Reksowardojo and K. Wattanavichien.
Electronic reproduction. Norwich, N.Y. : Knovel, 2011. System requirements: Adobe Acrobat Reader. Available via the World Wide Web. Access restricted to users at licensed institutions. Includes interactive index.