School-university partnerships for educational change in rural South Africa : particular challenges and practical cases
- Lewiston, N.Y. : Edwin Mellen Press, c2011.
- Physical description
- viii, 264 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
LB2331.53 .S34 2011
- Unknown LB2331.53 .S34 2011
- Islam, Faisal.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- School-university partnerships for educational change: an introduction / Faisal Islam ... [et al.]
- Understanding rurality in the troubling context: prospects and challenges / Robert Balfour, Claudia Mitchell, and Relebohile Moletsane
- School-university partnerships in preparing new teachers: possibilities and limitations / Faisal Islam
- Transforming teacher education?: a rural teacher education project experience / Claudia Mitchell ... [et al.]
- The challenge of teaching in under-resourced schools: a reflection on preservice teachers' journals / Vitallis Chikoko
- Taking photographs, forming partnerships / Patricia Staniforth and Caitlin Wake
- Finding allies and making connections in rural classrooms in addressing HIV and AIDS / Katie MacEntee
- A university-school partnership in preparing preservice teachers to work in rural schools: a case study of blogging / John Pascarella
- After-school engagement activities, teacher education, and service learning in a rural school in KwaZulu-Natal: challenges and opportunities / Rodney Handelsman
- Youth as knowledge producers: re-visioning teacher/learner roles through extracurricular activities / Jean Stuart, Dorothe Raht, and Jessica Smith
- What do schools gain?: one school's perspective on the school-university partnership / Faisal Islam
- The experiences and expectations of mentor teachers in two rural schools / Martin Combrinck and Mari van Wyk
- Landscape shapes mindscape: partnerships as agency in a community of learning / Jane Pennefeather
- "What will we do with 24 ducks?": building community partnerships / Naydene de Lange and Martin Combrinck
- New teachers for new times
- and new places / Claudia Mitchell ... [et al.].
- Publication date
- edited by Faisal Islam ... [et al.] ; with a foreword by C.A. Odora Hoppers.