Randomness through computation : some answers, more questions
- New Jersey : World Scientific, c2011.
- Physical description
- xviii, 419 p. : ill., ports. ; 24 cm.
QA274 .R358 2011
- Unknown QA274 .R358 2011
- Zenil, Hector.
- Includes bibliographical references and indexes.
- Is randomness necessary? / R. Graham
- Probability is a lot of logic at once : if you don't know which one to pick, take 'em all / T. Toffoli
- Statistical testing of randomness : new and old procedures / A.L. Rukhin
- Scatter and regularity imply Benford's law... and more / N. Gauvrit, J.-P. Delahaye
- Some bridging results and challenges in classical, quantum and computational randomness / G. Longo, C. Palamidessi, T. Paul
- Metaphysics, metamathematics and metabiology / G. Chaitin
- Uncertainty in physics and computation / M.A. Stay
- Indeterminism and randomness through physics / K. Svozil
- The Martin-Löf-Chaitin thesis : the identification by recursion theory of the mathematical notion of random sequence / J.-P. Delahaye
- The road to intrinsic randomness / S. Wolfram
- Algorithmic probability : its discovery, it's properties and application to strong AI / R.J. Solomonoff
- Algorithmic randomness as foundation of inductive reasoning and artificial intelligence / M. Hutter
- Randomness, Occam's razor, AI, creativity and digital physics / J. Schmidhuber
- Randomness everywhere : my path to algorithmic information theory / C.S. Calude
- The impact of algorithmic information theory on our current views on complexity, randomness, information and prediction / P. Gács
- Randomness, computability and information / J.S. Miller
- Studying randomness through computation / A. Nies
- Computability, algorithmic randomness and complexity / R.G. Downey
- Is randomness native to computer science? Ten years after / M. Ferbus-Zanda, S. Grigorieff
- Randomness as circuit complexity (and the connection to pseudorandomness) / E. Allender
- Randomness : a tool for constructing and analyzing computer programs / A. Kuc̆era
- Connecting randomness to computation / M. Li
- From error-correcting codes to algorithmic informational theory / L. Staiger
- Randomness in algorithms / O. Watanabe
- Is the universe random? / C.S. Calude, J.L. Casti, G.J. Chaitin, P.C.W. Davies, K. Svozil, S. Wolfram
- What is computation? (How) Does nature computer? / C.S. Calude, G.J. Chaitin, E. Fredkin, A.J. Leggett, R. de Ruyter, T. Toffoli, S. Wolfram.
- Publication date
- editor, Hector Zenil.