A course in calculus and real analysis
QA303.2 .G48 2006
- Unknown QA303.2 .G48 2006
- Limaye, Balmohan Vishnu.
- Includes bibliographical references (p. -421) and index.
- Numbers and Functions.- Sequences.- Continuity and Limits.- Differentiation.- Applications of Differentiation.- Integration.- Elementary Transcendental Functions.- Applications and Approximations of Riemann Integrals.- Infinite Series and Improper Integrals.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- This book provides a self-contained and rigorous introduction to calculus of functions of one variable, in a presentation which emphasizes the structural development of calculus. Throughout, the authors highlight the fact that calculus provides a firm foundation to concepts and results that are generally encountered in high school and accepted on faith; for example, the classical result that the ratio of circumference to diameter is the same for all circles. A number of topics are treated here in considerable detail that may be inadequately covered in calculus courses and glossed over in real analysis courses.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Supplemental links
- Publisher description
- Publication date
- Sudhir R. Ghorpade, Balmohan V. Limaye.
- Undergraduate texts in mathematics