Contention in context : political opportunities and the emergence of protest
- Stanford, California : Stanford University Press, , ©2012.
- Physical description
- xvi, 341 pages ; 23 cm.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Introduction : from political opportunity structures to strategic interaction / James M. Jasper
- Peasant revolts in the French Revolution / Jack A. Goldstone
- Rural social movements in Nicaragua / Anthony W. Pereira
- Human rights in Argentina / Amy Risley
- Rural unions in Brazil / John L. Hammond
- The civil rights movement / Francesca Polletta
- The women's movement / John D. Skrentny
- Gay and lesbian liberation / Adam Isaiah Green
- The U.S. movement for peace in Central America / James M. Jasper
- Opportunity knocks : the trouble with political opportunity and what you can do about it / Edwin Amenta and Drew Halfmann
- Sensing and seizing opportunities : how contentious actors and strategies emerge / Christian Bröer and Jan Willem Duyvendak
- Eventful protest, global conflicts : social mechanisms in the reproduction of protest / Donatella della Porta
- Conclusion : are protestors opportunists? : fifty tests / Jeff Goodwin.
- Publication date
- Copyright date
- edited by Jeff Goodwin and James M. Jasper.