Educating children in conflict zones : research, policy, and practice for systemic change : a tribute to Jackie Kirk
- New York : Teachers College Press, c2011.
- Physical description
- xv, 320 p. : ill. ; 23 cm.
- International perspectives on education reform.
LC71 .E282 2011
- Unknown LC71 .E282 2011
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Educating children in zones of conflict: an overview and introduction / Karen Mundy and Sarah Dryden-Peterson
- Education and fragile states / Jackie Kirk
- Can education interrupt fragility?: toward the resilient citizen and the adaptable state / Lynn Davies
- Are we all soldiers now?: the dangers of the securitization of education and conflict / Mario Novelli
- Addressing gender disparities in education in contexts of crisis, post-crisis, and state fragility / Jackie Kirk
- Refugee children aspiring toward the future: linking education and livelihoods / Sarah Dryden-Peterson
- Learning for a bright future: schooling, armed conflict, and children's well-being / Rebecca Winthrop and Jackie Kirk
- Understanding the diverse forms of learning valued by children in conflict contexts / Rebecca Winthrop
- The multiple relationships between education and conflict: reflections of Rwandan teachers and students / Elisabeth King
- Alphabet soup: making sense of the emerging global architecture of aid to education in fragile and conflict-affected situations / Peter Buckland
- Aid and education in fragile states / Victoria Turrent
- On the road to resilience: capacity development for educational planning in Afghanistan / Lyndsay Bird ... [et al.]
- "Helping our children will help in the reconstruction of our country": repatriated refugee teachers in post-conflict Sierra Leone and Liberia / Susan Shepler
- Picturing violence: participatory visual methodologies in working with girls to
- Address school and domestic violence in Rwanda / Claudia Mitchell
- From child-friendly schools to child-friendly research methods: lessons learned on child-centered research from UNICEF's learning plus initiative / Stephanie Bengtsson and Lesley Bartlett
- Innovative methods in education in emergencies research: a randomized trial assessing community-based schools in Afghanistan / Dana Burde.
- Publication date
- Karen Mundy, Sarah Dryden-Peterson, editors.
- International perspectives on education reform