- Introduction : beginning to rethink twins / Philip M. Peek
- Twins and double beings among the Bamana and Maninka of Mali / Pascal James Imperato and Gavin H. Imperato
- Twins and intertwinement : reflections on ambiguity and ambivalence in northwestern Namibia / Steven Van Wolputte
- Sustaining the oneness in their twoness : poetics of twin figures (ère ìbejì) among the Yoruba / Babatunde Lawal
- "Son dos los jimagüas" ("the twins are two") : worship of the sacred twins in Lucumí religious culture / Ysamur Flores-Pena
- Twins, couples, and doubles and the negotiation of spirit-human identities among the Win / Susan Cooksey
- Double portraits : images of twinness in West African studio photography / C. Angelo Micheli
- Forever liminal : twins among the Kapsiki/Higi of north Cameroon and northeastern Nigeria / Walter E.A. Van Beek
- Snake, bush, and metaphor : twinship among Ubangians / Jan-Lodewijk Grootaers
- Fiction and forbidden sexual fantasy in the culture of Temne twins / Frederick John Lamp
- Embodied dilemma : Tabwa twinship in thought and performance / Allen F. Roberts
- Children of the moon : twins in Luba art and ontology / Mary Nooter Roberts
- Two equals three : twins and the trickster in Haitian vodou / Marilyn Houlberg
- Divine children : the ibejis and the erês in Brazilian candomblé / Stefania Capone
- The ambiguous ordinariness of Yoruba twins / Elisha P. Renne
- Twins, albinos, and vanishing prisoners : a Mozambican theory of political power / Paulo Granjo.
- Physical Desc.:
vi, 366 p. : ill., map ; 23 cm.
Twins in African and diaspora cultures : double trouble, twice blessed / edited by Philip M. Peek.