Gender and early learning environments
- Charlotte, NC : Information Age Pub., c2011.
- Physical description
- ix, 184 p. ; 24 cm.
- Research on women and education.
LC212.9 .G399 2011
- Unknown LC212.9 .G399 2011
- Includes bibliographical references.
- Their play is different: power, language, and gender socialization at a Waldorf daycare / Marguerite Wilson
- Girls and boys, work and play: gendered meanings and participation in early childhood education / Sue Nichols
- Young children's gendered positioning and emotional scenarios in play narratives / Samara Madrid, Laurie Katz
- May I still call you honey-man: one child, vacillating gender, and the experiences of home, school, and community / Robin Fox
- On being a boy or a girl in Mrs. Sanders' first grade classroom / Paula P. Guerra Lombardi, Andrea S. Foster
- How South African teachers construct gender in the early years of schooling / Deevia Bhana
- Race, space, and girls' interactions on urban playgrounds / Eleanor R. Spindler
- A hallmark moment? / Barbara E. Polnick, Gene Polnick
- Child abuse: traumatic influences and treatment / Sandra Johnson
- Teacher education students' perceptions of gender differences in children / Linda M. Creighton.
- Publication date
- edited by Beverly J. Irby, Genevieve H. Brown.
- Research on women and education