- London ; New York : Routledge, 2011.
- Physical description
- xiv, 256 p. : ill., map ; 25 cm.
- Culture, economy and the social.
HM841 .M54 2011
- Unknown HM841 .M54 2011
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Migrating music / Jason Toynbee
- Migrant/migrating music and the Mediterranean / Martin Stokes
- "My own little Morocco at home" : a biographical account of migration, mediation, and music consumption / Carolyn Landau
- "Realness" : authenticity, innovation, and prestige among young danseurs Afros in Paris / Laura Steil
- Ridiculing rap, funlandizing Finns? : humour and parody as strategies of securing the ethnic other in popular music / Antti-Ville Kärjä
- Hip-hop Tehran : migrating styles, musical meanings, marginalised voices / Laudan Nooshin
- "Un homme et une femme" : voyage via "Barquinho" to Hollywood and beyond : global circulation, musical hybridization, and adult modernity, 1961-69 / Keir Keightley
- What migrates and who does it? : a mini case study from Fiji / Ruth Finnegan
- Migrating music and good-enough cosmopolitanism : encounter with Robin Denselow and Charlie Gillett / Kevin Robins
- Ports of call : an ethnographic analysis of music programmes about the migration of people, musicians, genres and instruments, BBC World Service, 1994-1995 / Jan Fairley
- Music, migration, and war : the BBC's interactive music broadcasting to Afghanistan and the Afghan diaspora / John Baily, Goldsmiths
- Cavern journeys : music, migration and urban space / Sara Cohen
- "New York comes to Groningen" : jazz star circuits in the Netherlands / Kristin McGee
- "Brown boys doing it like this" : Asian cultural production and London's Asian urban music scene / Helen Kim.
- Publication date
- edited by Jason Toynbee and Byron Dueck.
- Culture, economy and the social