Development and reform of higher education in China
- Zhu, Hong, 1967-
- Oxford ; Philadelphia : Chandos Publishing, 2011.
- Physical description
- xiv, 176 p. : ill ; 25 cm.
- Chandos Asian studies : contemporary issues and trends.
LA1133 .Z586 2011
- Unknown LA1133 .Z586 2011
- Lou, Shiyan.
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 163-169) and index.
- Overview of higher education in China: Summary of the development of different aspects of higher education in China, providing a profile from a bird view-- System and evolution: Depiction of the education system, including the ownership system, the funding system, admission system, graduate employment system, the administrative system and the degree system-- Structure: A close study on the inner changes from the perspective of structure, covering forms of higher education and ownership, levels, disciplines and categories of institutions-- Marketization: Analysis of the background, approaches, problems and consequences of marketization of higher education, a remarkable feature of reform in China's higher education in the context of reform and opening up-- Internationalization: Exploration of higher education import and export, including, but not limited to the exchange of students and the cooperation of institutions under the circumstances of globalization-- Prospects: Trends in the development of higher education in China.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- The Chinese higher education sector is an area subject to increasing attention from an international perspective. Written by authors centrally located within the education system in China, Development and Reform of Higher Education in China highlights not only the development of different aspects of higher education, but also the reform of the education system and its role in the educational and social development of the country. This book analyses recently collected data from the National Bureau of Statistics of China and the work of leading scholars in the field of higher education. It highlights the marketization of state-owned institutions and the increasing importance of the internationalization of higher education - two important features of education in a modern and global context. * Rich statistical data* Sound theoretical foundation* Provides a comprehensive and comparative study of national data sources and leading scholars.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Supplemental links
Contributor biographical information
Table of contents only
- Publication date
- Hong Zhu and Shiyan Lou.
- Chandos Asian studies : contemporary issues and trends