Getting it in writing : quests to become outstanding and effective writing teachers
- Charlotte, NC : Information Age Pub., c2011.
- Physical description
- xii, 260 p. ; 24 cm.
LB1576 .G4435 2011
- Unknown LB1576 .G4435 2011
- Stankevich, Deborah M.
- Includes bibliographical references.
- Publisher's Summary
- Sixteen teachers. Sixteen journeys. All on a quest to become outstanding teachers of writing. All taking different paths to acquire and hone those skills that make a teacher effective. From kindergarten to college, teachers are faced with the daunting task of instilling the art of writing in their students. From creative writing to research, the art of writing incorporates the writing process to create the inking of our thinking. These 16 teachers from across the nation have traveled a long and arduous path to seek and to reach for the methods and strategies that will make them successful writing teachers. This is their stories.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- edited by Deborah M. Stankevich.