Includes bibliographical references (p. -245) and index.
2. The Klein-Gordon equation below the ground state energy
3. Above the ground state energy I: near Q
4. Above the ground state energy II: Moving away from Q
5. Above the ground state energy III: global NLKG dynamics
6. Further developments of the theory.
"The notion of an invariant manifold arises naturally in the asymptotic stability analysis of stationary or standing wave solutions of unstable dispersive Hamiltonian evolution equations such as the focusing semilinear Klein Gordon and Schrodinger equations. [...] These lectures are suitable for graduate students and researchers in partial differential equations and mathematical physics. For the cubic Klein Gordon equation in three dimensions all details are provided, including the derivation of Strichartz estimates for the free equation and the concentration-compactness argument leading to scattering due to Kenig and Merle."--P. of cover.