Educational technology, teacher knowledge, and classroom impact : a research handbook on frameworks and approaches
- Hershey, PA : Information Science Reference, c2012.
- Physical description
- xvii, 409 p. : ill. ; 29 cm.
LB1028.3 .E423 2012
- Unknown LB1028.3 .E423 2012
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 333-396) and index.
- Publisher's Summary
- Recent technological innovation has altered the way educators approach teaching and learning. These new technologies provide countless advantages in the classroom; however, we are not yet clear on how they should be implemented. The pedagogical value of specific technology tools and the cumulative effects of technology exposure over time on student learning are two areas that need to be explored in order to better determine the effectiveness of technology as a teaching tool. Educational Technology, Teacher Knowledge, and Classroom Impact: A Research Handbook on Frameworks and Approaches provides a framework for evaluating and conducting educational technology research, sharing research on educational technology in education content areas, and proposing structures to guide, link, and build new structures with future research. This book provides essential support for compiling the resulting literature and envisioning future research directions in this area.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- [edited by] Robert N. Ronau, Christopher R. Rakes and Margaret L. Niess.