Nonlinear dynamical systems and control : a Lyapunov-based approach
- Haddad, Wassim M., 1961-
- Princeton, N.J. : Princeton University Press, c2008.
- Physical description
- xxvi, 948 p. : ill. ; 27 cm.
- Chellaboina, VijaySekhar, 1970-
- Includes bibliographical references (p. -938) and index.
- Conventions and Notation xv Preface xxi Chapter 1. Introduction 1 Chapter 2. Dynamical Systems and Differential Equations 9 Chapter 3. Stability Theory for Nonlinear Dynamical Systems 135 Chapter 4. Advanced Stability Theory 207 Chapter 5. Dissipativity Theory for Nonlinear Dynamical Systems 325 Chapter 6. Stability and Optimality of Feedback Dynamical Systems 411 Chapter 7. Input-Output Stability and Dissipativity 471 Chapter 8. Optimal Nonlinear Feedback Control 511 Chapter 9. Inverse Optimal Control and Integrator Backstepping 557 Chapter 10. Disturbance Rejection Control for Nonlinear Dynamical Systems 603 Chapter 11. Robust Control for Nonlinear Uncertain Systems 649 Chapter 12. Structured Parametric Uncertainty and Parameter-Dependent Lyapunov Functions 719 Chapter 13. Stability and Dissipativity Theory for Discrete-Time Nonlinear Dynamical Systems 763 Chapter 14. Discrete-Time Optimal Nonlinear Feedback Control 845 Bibliography 901 Index 939.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- Nonlinear Dynamical Systems and Control presents and develops an extensive treatment of stability analysis and control design of nonlinear dynamical systems, with an emphasis on Lyapunov-based methods. Dynamical system theory lies at the heart of mathematical sciences and engineering. The application of dynamical systems has crossed interdisciplinary boundaries from chemistry to biochemistry to chemical kinetics, from medicine to biology to population genetics, from economics to sociology to psychology, and from physics to mechanics to engineering. The increasingly complex nature of engineering systems requiring feedback control to obtain a desired system behavior also gives rise to dynamical systems. Wassim Haddad and VijaySekhar Chellaboina provide an exhaustive treatment of nonlinear systems theory and control using the highest standards of exposition and rigor. This graduate-level textbook goes well beyond standard treatments by developing Lyapunov stability theory, partial stability, boundedness, input-to-state stability, input-output stability, finite-time stability, semistability, stability of sets and periodic orbits, and stability theorems via vector Lyapunov functions. A complete and thorough treatment of dissipativity theory, absolute stability theory, stability of feedback systems, optimal control, disturbance rejection control, and robust control for nonlinear dynamical systems is also given. This book is an indispensable resource for applied mathematicians, dynamical systems theorists, control theorists, and engineers.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Supplemental links
Contributor biographical information
Table of contents only
- Publication date
- Wassim M. Haddad, VijaySekhar Chellaboina.