Student success : how to make it happen
- Skoglund, Frederic, 1945-
- Lanham, Md. : Rowman & Littlefield Education, c2011.
- Physical description
- vi, 167 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
LB2822.82 .S48 2011
- Unknown LB2822.82 .S48 2011
- Ness, Judy, 1942-
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 145-148).
- Chapter 1 Getting Started Chapter 2 An Overview of the Continuous Improvement System Chapter 3 Implementation Chapter 4 Leadership Chapter 5 Collaboration Chapter 6 Developing The Key Documents Chapter 7 A Different Look at Curriculum Chapter 8 Instruction Chapter 9 Formative Assessment Chapter 10 Student Achievement Data Chapter 11 Accountability Chapter 12 Checking Progress Chapter 13 In Closing Chapter 14 References Chapter 15 Suggested Reading Chapter 16 Appendix.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- This book is about moving from the conceptual to practical applications that impact the day-to-day teaching and learning processes. Skoglund and Ness give School leaders all the tools that are necessary to change the culture of a school, improve teacher performance, and elevate student achievement. Each component of the process is clearly addressed. The authors provide critical documents, such as an academic mission, core commitments, instructional calendars, common assessments, data charts, error analysis forms, and meeting agendas. The Continuous Improvement System differs from other improvement efforts in that it views the school as an integrated whole and not a group of parts that are to be independently addressed. This common-sense approach has been welcomed by administrators and teachers alike.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Frederic Skoglund and Judy Ness.